The Jewish Community Relations Coalition of The Birmingham Jewish Federation (JCRC)
The Jewish Community Relations Coalition of the Birmingham Jewish Federation builds strong ties with the broader Birmingham community in order to promote dialogue, mutual understanding and establish collaborative partnerships through which we can engage in Tikkun Olam (repairing the world) together, all for the betterment of our total community.
Lisa Engel and Amanda Weil serve as Chairs of the JCRC.
The JCRC is a coalition of our Birmingham Jewish community agencies and institutions.
Functions of the JCRC:
- Serves as the voice of the organized Jewish Community of Birmingham
- Connects the Jewish and broader community through faith based initiatives, collaborative and educational programs
- Speaks to schools and civic groups about Israel, Jewish beliefs, holidays and practices
- Works with area school administrators to develop strategies to deal with sensitive cultural and religious issues
- Connects with students at Alabama’s colleges and universities by offering program support and opportunities to advocate for social justice
To learn more about the BJF’s Jewish Community Relations Coalition
If you would like more information please contact Samantha Dubrinsky at email@example.com or 205-803-1518